The worlds of film and fashion collided at Veneto-based luxury outerwear brand Parajumpers’ cast dinner for Dee Rees’s “Mudbound” Oscar buzz movie during the Toronto International Film Festival.
“Mudbound” is an impressive film adaptation of Hillary Jordan’s prize-winning 2008 novel of the same name, which tells the story of two families, both at odds and tied together, while struggling to get by in the racially divided Deep South during World War II.
Celebrities and actors such as Mary J. Blige, Carey Mulligan, Garrett Hedlund, Rob Morgan and, “Straight Outta Compton’s,” Jason Mitchell, together with director Dee Rees, gathered to celebrate with industry influencers and Netflix executives to kick off its Awards Season presence.
“We felt honoured to be the hosts of this wonderful evening, celebrating such a talented cast and outstanding film. Parajumpers being aligned to MUDBOUND, the strong subject matter and media buzz surrounding Netflix’s new release, could not be a better brand fit for us. We have thoroughly enjoyed the evening and the company of our guests of honour, the MUDBOUND cast”
Guests were served a four course dinner at internationally reputed chef Susur Lee’s eponymous, exquisite King Street restaurant “Lee”, located in downtown Toronto. Lee delighted guests with a unique and irresistible combination of Asian and French flavored fusion cuisine.
Entertainment and music was provided by world-renowned DJ Stretch Armstrong, playing a set of tracks, perfectly suited to a celebratory event where Mary J. Blige danced to Mary J. Blige, Garrett Hedlund ripped up the dance floor and director, Dee Rees, led a dance jam of all guests between courses.
Parajumpers created two exclusive leather jackets for the occasion; 1 for Mary J. Blige and one to be auctioned off to raise funds for charity which was signed by the famous singer and actress.
Fusing both expertise in active luxury outerwear and Italian design sensibility, Parajumpers is reputed for pushing boundaries, challenging the traditional codes of outerwear luxury with premium apparel designed to last for men and women, who will only settle for the best style and quality.
- January 4th, 2019 Fashion Moments: B2B Media Team Picks
- November 23rd, 2018 B2B Media Press Day SS19
- October 26th, 2018 ONETEASPOON Takes London
- October 8th, 2018 It’s the A.G.E. of Shayne Oliver for Colmar Launch Party
- September 21st, 2018 B2B Media Meets: POSTSCRIPT
- September 14th, 2018 B2B Media #Throwback: The Best September Issues
- September 7th, 2018 B2B Media Team: #FBF To Our Favourite Fashion Shows
- August 14th, 2018 B2B Media Meets Emma Mills
- August 2nd, 2018 B2B Media Meets Forest
- July 26th, 2018 B2B Media Team: What We Love This Summer
- July 18th, 2018 A Highland Adventure With Parajumpers
- May 21st, 2018 MICRO-INFLUENCERS VS MACRO-INFLUENCERS: RETHINKING YOUR INFLUENCER MARKETING STRATEGY
- November 8th, 2017 The Break Up Story: How Brexit Will Impact Fashion.
- October 27th, 2017 B2B Media Press Day Coverage SS18
- October 18th, 2017 Top 5 Fashion Social Media Influencers and Their Tips!
- October 10th, 2017 Paris Fashion Week – Who Had The Hottest FROW?
- September 27th, 2017 Suited for Women
- September 21st, 2017 Wrapping up New York & London Fashion Week
- September 15th, 2017 Parajumpers x Variety
- September 7th, 2017 The Puffer Jacket
- August 30th, 2017 ANDROGYNY
- August 25th, 2017 Sneaker love
- August 17th, 2017 Latest Fashion Collaborations
- August 7th, 2017 B2B Meets Sunflowerman
- July 21st, 2017 Why Normcore Matters
- July 5th, 2017 Couture Week
- June 23rd, 2017 B2B Meets Felicia Weeren
- June 16th, 2017 Pitti Uomo Highlights
- June 12th, 2017 Fashion Week Men’s Roundup #LFWM
- May 31st, 2017 B2B Meets Candice Fragis
- May 4th, 2017 The African Renaissance
- April 7th, 2017 Empowerment & Fashion: A Dangerous Love Affair
- March 14th, 2017 B2B meets…Ingrid Bonnor
- February 23rd, 2017 Gender Blending: Fashion Revolution or Cultural Evolution?
- February 16th, 2017 B2B meets…Sophie Radcliffe
- February 2nd, 2017 Vulgarity in Fashion
- January 26th, 2017 The Escapism of Couture
- January 23rd, 2017 Bed-itation
- January 13th, 2017 London Fashion Week: Men’s
- December 22nd, 2016 The concept of Hygge
- December 7th, 2016 B2B Meets… Sascha Amato
- November 25th, 2016 Parisian VS Milanese: A Fashion Show-Down.
- November 15th, 2016 Stylish Comfort
- November 11th, 2016 Marta Cucciniello SS17 Press Breakfast
- October 31st, 2016 B2B Media SS17 Press Day
- October 14th, 2016 B2B Meets… Bao Ta London
- October 7th, 2016 Fashion goes Digital
- September 23rd, 2016 The new Supers
- September 22nd, 2016 Welcome to Milan Fashion Week
- September 7th, 2016 B2B meets… Antonio Martino
- August 12th, 2016 Olympic Fashion
- July 26th, 2016 B2B meets… Yanin Namasonthi